How Do I Decide Which We Buy Houses Company To Choose To Buy My House?
“I need to sell my house in Connecticut fast“… so, you do a Google search for “CT House buyers” and you will find a ton of companies, eager to buy your house in CT with “our own cash“. But this is not limited to internet mind you. Driving about your neighbourhood you are bound to see (illegal) bandit signs in bright colors. Often times they say things like “We Buy Houses!” or “Cash For Your House“. What is this about? Is this really legitimate? Who buys houses in cash, for Pete’s sake? Is this just all hype, or even worse, a scam? How do I decide which “we buy houses” company to choose to buy my house? How does it even work?!
I assure you there are plenty of real legitimate companies that buy houses in cash. However not all are ethical or realistic with their promises to you though. While not all “We Buy Houses” companies are scams, most will promise you unrealistic results to lure you into doing business with them.
Here are a few of the things to be aware of when deciding which “we buy houses” company you want to work with:
- Close Within 7 Days.
- Kitchen Table CLosings
- Pressure To Close Fast
“We Can Close Within 7 Days”.
Companies that claim to be able to close within 7 days are trying to promise you unrealistic results to lure you into doing business with them! Sorry to disappoint but a 7 day close is simply not realistic.
Yes, you can theoretically close on a house in about 7 to 8 days. All you need is a clear title. A title search is basically a background search on a house to make sure there are no liens against the property, no taxes owed, and that the owners are fully and completely identified (think trying to sell your neighbors house without him knowing). A title search in reality usually takes about 10 days to complete if there are no complicated issues to resolve with the title. Then scheduling needs to take place, money needs to be wired to escrow, and the earnest deposit checks need to be collected and cashed. 7 days simply does not cut it.
Don’t believe us? If anyone promises you a closing under 7 days, let them sign a contract stipulating that each day past the 7 days promised, they owe you 500 dollars on top of their offer. Let’s see what happens!
“Kitchen Table Closings”
Be leery if a home buyer attempts to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your property over to them at your house, rather than a closing attorney or title company. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
Pressure To Close Fast
If a buyer pressures you to make a decision on the spot just walk away. We actually encourage our sellers to consult a real estate agent to see how much they would get for their house here in CT if they list it with an agent. Then take our cash offer and evaluate what the better choice is for them.
There is indeed some motivation to not take too long as markets change quite suddenly, but you deserve to be able to take the offer and think onit for a week or so. We buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale. No pressure at all!
Are These “We buy houses in Connecticut Companies” Credible?
OK so if these are the signs for questionable ” cash house buyers” how do I identify which ones are the good ones?
Great question. I am so glad you asked!
Know The Signs Of A Reputable “Sell My Home For Cash” Company.
Honestly, the legitimate house buyers are very easy to spot. Foremost when you browse through their site you simply get no inner feeling of mistrust. You simply feel like they are real.
- Is there a phone number that is easy to find to reach them at?
- Is there a picture of the people owning the business?
- Is the about us section filled with actual content about them.
- Do they have video testimonials of their happy clients? This is most important. Anything else can be faked.
- Do they have pictures of the houses they have purchased and rehabbed of them inside the house? Also important.
Legitimate cash buyers can provide proof of purchased houses.
It is very difficult to provide proof of a home cash purchase, unless of course you actually have, purchased a house in cash, under your business name.
Proof doesnt always have to be so official. A simple “Before & After” picture of the rehab is proof enough. Oftentimes cash buyers buy houses fast so that they can start fixing them up as soon as possible, to either to put a renter in it, or to make a profit selling the house after it has been fixed. Either Way, often a rehab is involved. If the “cash fast for your house” buyer does not have pictures of houses they have rehabbed or are rehabbing, chances are they have never purchased a house in cash.
It is easy to find pictures online and pass them as your own. Reputable house buyers often know that there are a lot of we buy houses for cash scams out there and they go out of their way to show they are one of the few legitimate buyers out there. That is why actual legitimate “we buy houses” companies show off their pictures of themselves during the rehab.
Not because someone has a website means they are legitimate “we buy houses” home buyers. And not because they promise to buy your house in cash it means that they are actually the ones buying your house.
What Reputable Connecticut House Buyers Are Doing
- Making money accessible to those that urgently and suddenly need it. Sometimes life happens, unexpected medical expenses, or sudden relocation to name a few. Sometimes people need money fast. We make this possible by being able to buy the house they so desperately want to sell really fast. We never take advantage of people and we will give fair offers for your house in Connecticut.
- Helping homeowners get rid of a property that is stressing them out. Sometimes owning a home can be a head ache. There is nothing worse than inheriting a house along with all the bills maintenance and upkeep. Sometimes selling fast can be a lifesaver. We can buy your house fast and close within a few weeks. No problem.
- We Make Local Jobs Available. Not only do we higher contractors, electricians plumbers, attorneys, we also work alongside with real estate agents and even people like you. We offer rewards for potential houses you find for us. If we close on a house you find for us, we pay out $1000,- . How is that for spreading the wealth!
- Made In The USA! A lot of money is spent on materials that are made in the USA, in turn creating more jobs and supporting the United States Economy!
- Making Neighborhoods beautiful. Yes we buy all kinds of houses and in any condition, but we have to admit… houses in really bad shape are our favorite. We pick up all these run down houses and turn them into beautiful rehabbed homes that look better than brand new! This increases the value of all the surrounding houses.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
It is extremely easy to ensure you are dealing with reputable local cash buyers. Just talk to them, ask them questions, and more than the answers given, get a feel on how they treat you. Follow your gut, that is the best indication you have. You will know very quickly when you are dealing with a house buying scam. So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in CT companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!
Where In Connecticut We Buy Houses
We Buy Houses In New Haven County:
We Buy Houses In Hartford County:
We Buy Houses In Tolland County
We Buy Houses In Fairfield County
We Buy Houses In Middlesex County
- Deep River
Give us a call anytime at (203) 529-4712 or