We buy houses in Bloomfield Connecticut, with the purpose of fixing the house up and putting it back on the market for a profit. When we do so we pay close attention to curb appeal as this draws a lot of attention to the house. This is something that should not be taken lightly. We are local home buyers in Bloomfield CT and we will help you sell your house in Bloomfield. We wanted to, therefore, give you tips to sell your house to make your yard a selling point in CT.
Tips to Make Your Yard a Selling Point in Bloomfield
A well thought out backyard can be a huge factor in order to set your home apart when selling your home in Bloomfield CT. It can influence prospective buyers’ entire perception of the property. As such, a messy, overgrown yard can deter buyers and make a horrible first impression. In our latest blog, we have put together some ideas to make your yard a selling point, helping you to get the best return on your home.
They don’t call it the great outdoors for anything. A well landscaped and maintained yard can add 15% to the value of your home. If a person REALLY loves it, your yard can add another 12% in perceived value to certain buyers! That’s a lot of value! Here are some suggestions to have your yard sell your home in Bloomfield!
Curb Appeal Of Your Bloomfield CT Home
We can’t express enough how important curb appeal can be when it comes to selling your Bloomfield CT home. The fact of the matter is, people, DO sometimes judge a book by its cover. An overgrown front yard, worn paint, and overall messiness could cause some people not to even bother looking inside your home!
Add paint touch-ups as needed
- Add new fixtures, locks, and doormat
- Refresh mailbox with some paint and flowers planted around the base
- Trim back bushes and trees, and make sure all the weeds are pulled from the flower beds.
Make Them Feel At Home
A backyard can be a huge opportunity for entertaining and a place for family and friends to gather. Let your potential buyers envision themselves relaxing in the space by setting up a few key areas.
- Make sure there are multiple seating areas.
- Add some leisure items such as a hammock or fire pit
- A nice backyard can almost serve as an additional room. Make the grilling area into an outdoor kitchen.
During showings and open houses, make sure to utilize the backyard! Grill some burgers and create a relaxing, homey atmosphere for your guests!
Clean Up Your Home in Connecticut
A clean and neat yard speaks volumes about how you care for the other aspects of your home. If you invest time and energy into the beautification of your yard, then you are likely to do the same throughout the rest of the house. A clean yard shows you take pride in your home, which potential buyers will recognize and respect.
- Power the sidewalk, porch, driveway and anything else that needs it. A good power washing can have the same effect as a fresh coat of paint!
- Pull the weeds, edge the lawn and trim back bushes and trees.
- Get rid of ANY clutter laying around. Even if it something you use, if it is in any way an eye-sore, store it away somewhere else.
- Wash the windows, inside and out
- Touch up worn out or chipped paint
- Fix anything in need of repair… steps, mailbox, etc.
Be Efficient With Your Yard In Bloomfield
While you want a beautiful yard, you don’t want it to be a full-time job to maintain. Simple and clean is the best way to go.
- Be conscious of water usage, especially in dryer areas
- Don’t plant high maintenance vegetation
- Consider a rock garden, sand or gravel in one area of the yard
Sell My House In Bloomfield Connecticut
However, you choose to landscape, make sure you are doing in consciously, with your potential buyer in mind! Your yard can make or break the sale of your home! Keep this in mind when you are ready to sell your house in CT! For more unique and unconventional ways to get your house sold fast to get in touch with us!
If you are thinking about selling your Bloomfield CT home, we can help you get ready with some innovative and inspiring ideas!
Fill out this form to tell us more about the property you want to sell, or give our office a call now! (203) 529-4712