Are you planning to sell your house in Bridgeport CT? Well, good thing, you’ve come across this blog then. Because we buy houses in Bridgeport Connecticut and we are a legitimate cash house buying company called We Buy Houses In Connecticut. We know that with millions of homes across the country going into foreclosure, it’s important for both buyers and mortgage holders to understand the process.
This article will help you get your pre-foreclosure property sold. Remember, throughout this blog, you will find a lot more tips on selling your home fast in Connecticut!
So what is a Pre-Foreclosure in Bridgeport CT anyway?
Many homeowners across America and Connecticut are facing difficulties in making their monthly mortgage payments.
When a homeowner misses 3-6 months of mortgage payments, the lending institution will issue a warning, notifying the homeowner to pay or lose their home. This period is known as “pre-foreclosure.”
Banks and mortgage lenders typically provide three months for the homeowner to become current. Of course, this number can vary by bank and situation sometimes.
If a homeowner fails to make the necessary payments, the bank will foreclose on the home, assuming ownership, and evict the homeowner. Thankfully, during this stage of the foreclosure process, a mortgage holder has the opportunity to take advantage of several options to prevent losing their home.
Pre-foreclosure Options for Borrowers in Bridgeport
If you’re behind on mortgage payments, you’re likely to receive a “notice of default” from your mortgage lender. This document will state that you have not made mortgage payments for the last 90-180 days. Do not panic.
You have options that can delay or even prevent losing your home:
- If your mortgage is “above water,” (meaning you have equity in your home) you may be able to refinance your mortgage, receiving lower monthly payments. Check with your local Bridgeport mortgage broker… or contact us and we can connect you with a reputable one.
- You may be able to quickly sell your home to a real estate investor that’s reputable in Bridgeport CT like us at We Buy Houses In Connecticut, using the cash acquired to pay the months of back-payments owed (or we *may* be able to work out something with the lender that relieves all or part of your back payments. We can buy your Bridgeport CT area home quickly, often in just a week or two, will pay in cash, and takes the stress out of trying to find a buyer.
- You can contact the bank and ask them to permit a short sale. In a short sale, you’ll sell your property for less than it’s worth, and the bank will take the loss as a tax write-off. In some short sales, you may still be required to pay the difference to the bank if the property doesn’t sell for what is owed on the loan.
- You may be able to declare bankruptcy, which can buy you time to pay your debt. Bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for years and can cause significant damage.
Lenders are very much aware of the widespread financial troubles across the country and they’re willing to work with borrowers a lot of the time.
If you’re honest and communicate with your lender, you’ll often find that there are options that will allow you to remain in your home, or at least salvage your credit rating.
A foreclosure can often negatively affect your credit score by 200-400 points and can prevent you from obtaining a loan of any sort for 5-7 years, so be very dutiful if you’ve received a Notice of Default from your lender. But if you’re not able to find a solution with your lender working directly with them… connect with us. We may be able to help.
Ways We Can Help If You’re In Pre-Foreclosure In CT
- We can potentially help with a short sale – Submit your info on this website so we can evaluate your situation to see if we can help.
- We can buy your Bridgeport area house – We purchase houses in Connecticut and would love to make you an all-cash offer on your home too. Just fill out the form here to get started >>
- You can ask us questions and we can provide you FREE guidance and resources so you can make a well-educated decision. This costs you nothing, there’s absolutely no pressure, no obligation… just free guidance without a catch.
Get Your Free Offer TODAY!Just Fill In This Form To Get Your No-Obligation All Cash Offer Started!
Pre-Foreclosure in Bridgeport Connecticut
If you’re in the pre-foreclosure stage… you’ve still got time to fix this situation. Just connect with your banks to help stop the foreclosure and see if they’re willing to work with you… or better yet, sell your house in CT directly to us, who are trusted and local homebuyers in the Bridgeport area. Contact us if you’d like to see what we can purchase your property for or to tap into our free foreclosure foreclosure resources.